YOUR SEED AND YOUR FUTURE
29 Apr 2014
Text: Galatians 6:7-10
• Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
• For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
• And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
• As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
2 Cor. 9: 6
• But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. (KJV)
• 2Co 9:6 Remember this saying, “A few seeds make a small harvest, but a lot of seeds make a big harvest.” (CEV)
The earth is governed by laws (Gen. 8:22) and these laws operate whether we know about them or not. We should be aware that ignorance of these laws will be to our disadvantage (Hosea 4:6). The laws operate for whosoever and are applicable to all:
• Rich and poor
• Male and female
• Black and white
The law of sowing and reaping is an inescapable principle of life. It is as universal as gravity and relentless as friction. Therefore, whatever you plant will grow; if you plant nothing, weeds will grow and you will harvest nothing.
Many people want to reap good grades, a great spouse, a wonderful family, high paying jobs, and a great life. But a great life does not just happen; you have to want it bad enough to prepare for it by sowing the right seed.
What is a Seed?
• A seed is a tiny beginning with a huge future
• It is anything that can become more
• Your seed is anything you have received from God that can be traded for something else.
• That word seed is the Greek word sperma
• The seed is the image of the harvest
• Seed can be something that is physical and also spiritual.
• Some examples are: love, time, patience, money, kindness, prayer, forgiveness…
God and Seed
In our interactions with Divinity, God gives us two things:
2 Corinthians 9:10 says ‘Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness‘. This verse therefore brings out the following:
• Seed for sowing
• Bread for harvest
Knowing the difference between seed to be sown and bread to be eaten makes all the difference in the world. No seed guarantees no harvest, Limited seed ensures limited return and Bountiful seed empowers a bountiful harvest to create your financial future.
Dynamics of Seeds
Each seed produces fruit which contains more seeds with which to sow again. According to John 12:24 ‘Unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds‘.
Harvest is gradual; Jesus spoke of the harvest being gradual in Mark 4:28 when he says, ‘All by itself the soil produces corn – first the stalk, then the ear, then the full grain in the ear‘. The soil where seeds are planted is very critical. Therefore, as you create your future, it is critical for you to ensure that you plant your seed in fertile soil.
Types of Seeds
Seeds come in many forms. The way we treat one another is a seed and will bring in an overflowing, overwhelming harvest of blessing.
“Don’t pick on people, jump on their failures, criticize their faults— unless, of course, you want the same treatment. Don’t condemn those who are down; that hardness can boomerang. Be easy on people; you’ll find life a lot easier. Give away your life; you’ll find life given back, but not merely given back—given back with bonus and blessing. Giving, not getting, is Mercy.
Jesus said, “Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.” (Matthew 5:7- NIV James 2:13). When we plant seeds of mercy, we reap mercy. The same way generosity begets generosity.” Luke 6:37-38 (MSG)
Isaiah 1:19 (NIV) says: “If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best from the land”. The seed of obedience will release the harvest of God’s best on your life and the lives of your loved ones. Your “children will be mighty in the land” (Psalm 112:1-2).
Other Type of Seeds
• Honour is the seed for access
• Your Actions “You know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do” (Ephesians 6:8).
• A new beginning
Humans, God and Seeds
God created every creature with a seed
In Genesis 1:11, God said, “Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.”
You Are in Charge of Your Seed and remember, a seed can only produce if it is planted in fertile soil. Your harvest is therefore dependent upon sown seed, for a harvest is a multiplied return of what was sown.
In order to reap an ongoing abundant harvest, you must keep sowing: (Ecclesiastes 11:6).
Characteristics of Seeds
• A seed has three different states; it is either producing, or it is dormant, or it is dead
• A seed is the source of life
• A seed always produces something
• The seed is the future
• The seed must be planted
• The seed must not be eaten
• Sowing must be ongoing (Psalms 126:6)
• The seed produces after its own kind
• You cannot plant tomato seeds and expect to harvest corn
GOD Bless You….